Hello lovely readers! Today I’m starting a new segment on my blog (I feel like I’m saying that a lot lately!) where at the end of each month I’ll reflect a bit over everything I’ve read, written, and photographed over the past month. I think this will be more interesting than traditional monthly wrap ups, and I hope that you enjoy it as well. 🙂
The Books I Read in August
All in all, I think I had quite a good reading month in August. I completed a total of of six books, got halfway through one novel and then decided to put it down, and am currently reading three books.My favorite book in August would probably have to be a tie between Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which was a reread for me, and It Ends with Us, which I am planning on writing a review of soon. If I’ve written a review of any of the other books mentioned below, that review will be linked.
- The North Water by Ian McGuire
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two by Jack Thorne, John Tiffany, and J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover (review to come!)
- The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler (review to come!
- Hystopia by David Means (DNF)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (currently reading)
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (currently reading)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (currently reading)